Hello Do you have information about what Android Wear OS is? You must have seen such smart watches where people wear them in their own works and do many things. After the success of Smart Phones, if we talk about today’s Technology World, it is now a turn of Smart Wearable. If we talk about these Smart Watches then they make these Smart Watches many brands like Google, Apple, etc. Where Apple’s software platform, which is used in Apple’s Watches is called Watch OS. That’s what Google’s software platform is called Wear OS.
It is an operating system brought to the market by Google, which is used in Wearable Devices such as smart watches. Because they are worn in hand so they are called Android Wear. With this it appears that the miniature version of an android phone is worn in the wrist. Android Wear is a version of Google’s operating system that is specially designed for smartwatches and other wearable. They are designed to be such that once you pair them with your Smartphones, it becomes Integrate with the Google Now functionality and mobile notification. With this help Android Wear organizes all your information, suggests what you want, and displays it before you even ask it.
- How Google Datally App Work | What is Google Datally
- Top 10 Computer Mistakes
- 5 Best Jobs to Earn Money Online
With this Android Wear, users can do a lot of work, like weather information, listening to songs, getting directions along the way, and with it you can also control your Smartphone. In such a situation, it is obvious to be interested in people towards such technology, so today I thought why not give you complete information about what people are saying in Android Wear this will also give you something new You will get to learn and you can easily buy them if you wish. Then what is the delay, let’s start..
Recently, Google has changed its name from Android Wear to Wear OS. These are a special type of operating system designed only for Smartwatches and other Wearable. If they are running an Android Smart Phone, which is running Android Version 4.3 or above, this Wear OS can convert Google Assistant technology and mobile notifications to a smartwatch form factor.
It also has the ability to download apps from the Google Play Store. This Wear OS supports Bluetooth, Wifi, 3G, 4G, LTE technology. Their software part is made by Google and makes the hardware part such as Asus, Broad com, Fossil, HTC, Intel, LG, MediaTek, Imagination Technologies, Motorola, New Balance, Qualcomm, Samsung, Huawei, Polar and TAG Heuer. Their new Tag Line is “Make every minute Matter”.
History of Android Wear
If you tell me about this platform, then it was announced in March 18, 2014, with developer preview. At the same time, other companies like Motorola, Samsung, LG, HTC and Asus were also announced at the end of its partners. Then on June 25, 2014, Samsung Gear Live and LG G Watch were launched in Google I / O, and it was also told in more detail about Android Wear.
You can tell people for information that LG G Watch is the first Android Wear smartwatch that was released and ship for the first time. Hereafter, Motorola’s Moto 360 was released on September 5, 2014.
Problems with Wearable Technology
If seen, the wearable technology had come to the market very soon but it did not like people so much. So this technology could not develop much. So here we will know what are the reasons why the wearable technology is not allowed to grow much.
- The first reason is that the developer market was not much open in comparison to other smartphones and tablets.
- At that time programming language was not open source and along with it the platform was also dependent. In the simplest language, developers had to learn other programming languages like Assembly or native c that time to develop libraries and apps. Where today languages like Swift and Java are easy to develop platform.
- The second problem that wearable were not very popular. Pebble was then running in crowdfunding and with no touch screen, sound, colors, more users could not even attract him.
In this way Android Wear OS brought a new revolution in the segment of smart wearable devices. Now developers are very nicely with Android app development and they now have much control over Android Wear which was not used before. Since they now come in very different shapes and sizes, like smartphones, there is a great expectation of their market to grow very fast. Wearable technology has become very easy now with the help of Android API to customize and develop.
Features of Android Wear OS
There are many features in the Android Wear OS that you can not see in a normal digital watch. So now let us know what are its main features.
- Screen always feature where the screen will automatically light if we make the screen of our Android Wear a bit crisp. (tilt to wake screen)
- Users can get information about their directions for which they have to choose their transport mode and start their journey. These watches will show you the proper route during the journey and will vibrate on the turn.
- With Google Fit and other similar applications, you can track your physical activities. Because it has a lot of sensors in it, which give you information about your heartbeat, step count, calorie expenditure.
- With this you can control your phone and you can do some work such as listening to music, controlling it (volume, brightness), media images, etc.
What is Android Wears Ecosystem ?
Android Wear ecosystem mainly consists of two components. There is a (open) Android OS and a (closed) Wear framework running on it, along with it also runs the user interface, with apps management and your other companion device (like your phone) Let’s communicate.
This framework owns and manages Google, according to a closed-source. The same
Google prevents this platform from fragmentation and maintains complete ownership for all devices. So if a manufacturer wants to launch their product, then it will need to get Google permission to run Android Wear in that product.
What’s better at WatchOS (iOS) and Wear OS (Android)?
Although we can not compare these two to both, because both have their own problems, but even then, let us know which of these two are more advantages.
Advantages of Android Wear OS
1. Ecosystem is more open: The Ecosystem of Wear OS is much more open than other operating systems.
2. Maps are much better: Google Maps is much better than iPhone in Android because it has a much better graphics, better integration, Google Buzz, turn-by-turn navigation.
3. Google’s voice integration is better in Android.
4. Here are a better option for choosing more handsets.
5. With it you can choose from carriers with many options.
6. Their price is mostly low in comparison to its competitors.
7. Voice response is even better.
8. Easily integration with Google’s services.
9. Be more customization. Compared to others in Android we have more options to customize.
Advantages of Watch OS (Apple)
1. The overall quality of apps is better here. Because they are not much crash, they can work more and become more mature.
2. Support more apps in this.
3. Its usability is better than others. There is ease in navigating from one screen to another.
4. It gets easily integrated with Apple devices.
5. It supports more third-party accessories.
6. Their Tech Support is very good compared to others.
7. It has more bleeding edge apps, which is great for a tech savvy.
8. Their designs of hardware are very good and make premium feel.
9. Developers have great ease in developing apps.
Version’s of Android Wear OS
So far, almost 12+ version of Android Wear has come into the market and they are constantly being updated. In each update, new features are added, which makes it easy for users to use it.
The first version was 4.4 W1 which was released in June 2014, the last update was 2.9 which was released in Feb 2018. We hope to see a new update soon.
Which devices will see the new update
Company says that they have named this new update “Wear OS”, and all of these wearables will be similar to the operating system. This means that it will also include iOS and iPhone users. This suggests that this new Operating System has been made platform independent which can be run in any platform.
It has been heard that after the arrival of the Wear OS platform update, there are some new and latest Android Wear smartwatches coming out in the market. At the same time, I have mentioned a similar list in which the latest Wear OS update is coming in the wearable devices, according to Google:
- Casio PRO TREK Smart WSD-F20, Casio WSD-F10 Smart Outdoor Watch
- Diesel Full Guard
- Emporio Armani Connected
- Fossil Q Control, Fossil Q Explorist, Q Founder 2.0, Q Marshal, Q Venture, and Fossil Q Wander
- Guess Connect
- Gc Connect
- Huawei Watch 2 (both cellular & non-cellular versions)
- Hugo BOSS BOSS Touch
- Kate Spade Scallop
- LG Watch Sport, LG Watch Style
- Louis Vuitton Tambour
- Misfit Vapor
- Michael Kors Access Bradshaw, Access Dylan, Access Grayson, and Michael Kors Sofie
- Montblanc Summit
- Movado Connect
- Mobvoi Ticwatch S & E
- Nixon Mission
- Polar M600
- Skagen Falster Smartwatch
- TAG Heuer Connected Modular 41, TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45
- Tommy Hilfiger 24/7 You
- ZTE Quartz
It is not yet officially even told that when this new update is coming, it will come very soon. So by that time you have to wait for the update to come.
I’m pretty sure that you guys have Android Wear OS Gave full information about and hope you guys have understood about what Android Wear is. I am convinced of all the readers that you too share this information with your neighbors, relatives, your friends, so that we will be aware of our interactions and will all benefit from it. I need people’s support from you so that I can bring you even more new information.
My always try is to do that I always help my readers or readers on every side, if you have any doubt of any kind, then you can ask me uncomfortable. I will definitely try to solve those Doubts. Please tell us how you wrote this article in Android Wear OS so that we also get a chance to learn something from your thoughts and improve something.
Thanks for Reading This Post.